Though Windows 7 has been launched for a long time, Windows XP nowadays is still widely used especially in some offices. So when there are people who forgot password Windows XP, troubles come into being. Since we would like to restore our important working files in our computer, once forgot password Windows XP, we cannot access to the computer and the files will not be reached at all. Windows XP forgot password would be quite tricky undoubtedly, but we are lucky because there are methods that can solve the problem. Let’s have a look at the methods below:
The first method I’d like to introduce is for Windows XP password reset with the password reset disk. Windows allows its users to create a password reset disk and with the disk, users can easily solve how to reset forgotten password as soon as possible (Surely you should have been created the XP password reset disk before). Here is the guidance for using the disk:
1. Start the computer, and enter the Windows XP log on screen.
2. Type some arbitrary numbers or letters in the Password box, and then press ‘Enter’.
3. When ‘Logon Failed’ dialog box appears, click ‘use your password reset disk’. The Password Reset Wizard pops up.
4. Click ‘Next’. Insert the password reset disk, and then click ‘Next’ again.
5. ‘Reset the User Account Password’ page appears, type a new password and confirm it.
6. In the ‘Type a new password hint’ box, type a hint, click ‘Next’, then click ‘Finish’.(It is necessary to create a hint since it will remind you of the password once you forgot it.)
This is simple and easy to operate. If you forgot password Windows XP and have prepared the disk, you will successful reset Windows XP administrator password soon and regain access to your computer. If not, this method may not work for you. But still, don’t be upset, there is another way to reset password Windows XP.
It is the second Method that I want to tell you—use Super Windows Password Reset - a password recovery software that can create a password reset CD/DVD or USB flash Drive and reset Windows XP password like a piece of cake. You can just follow the 3 steps following up:
Step 1: Download and install Super Windows Password Reset in a computer that is accessible.
Step 2: Run the software and create a password reset disk with a blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
Step 3: Reset the Windows XP forgot password with the password reset disk.
Then, you can enter the Windows XP with the newly reset password and your files will be protected well. Of course, except the two methods listed above, there are also other available ways for XP password reset that may work, like re-install the XP system. But this may damage the files and other settings in the system. Anyway, the two ways listed here can do you a great favor, just have try.